Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ever Have One of THOSE Days

Where every little thing gets on your nerves? Today has been one of those for me. Don’t get me wrong, I got a lot accomplished, but…

First the dogs woke us up early. And one had had an accident in the house. Great thing to wake up to at 5 am. After an hour or so, we did go back to bed and did get a bit more sleep.

Then after the better half went to work, the boomerang kid came back. Never mind that I have work to do before the darling grandson gets here. On goes the blaring television. I tune it out best I can and get on with working.

Then the power goes out. Okay, so now it’s quiet but my laptop battery will only last about an hour and a half. I still have three articles to write. Can I get them done? I did, but a whole lot faster (and perhaps a bit less quality than usual). Just as I finish the last one, the power comes back on. So did the TV.

Finally back to work, trying to get everything done. Daughter dumpling calls and says she not bringing up the grandson tonight. That’s cool – gives me more time to do other stuff that has been neglected. Chasing a one year old is a full time job in itself.

Boomerang son made dinner. One of my favorites – old fashioned tuna and noodles. Great comfort food, right? Not with hot peppers in it. While it was good (actually tasted real good) not what I was psyched for.

So now, here it is almost ten and I still have stuff to do before the better half gets home. And the kids wonder why I’m tired all the time?

No comments:

Followers