Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Okay, I've been lax...


Set up this blog last July, but never actually posted. Guess life got in the way.

My beautiful grandson was born on December 23, 2006 and it's amazing how one little person makes me look at the world with an even more critical eye.

Now tell me, who could look at that face and not worry about the state of affairs in the world today? We've got a war raging in the Iraq, our own Constitutional rights being taken away one by one, food in the marketplace that is NOT safe to eat and an economy that is taking a nose dive south. Not a pretty picture in my mind.

Speaking of food NOT safe to eat, coming soon to a supermarket near you, Cloned Meat and Dairy. And the last time I looked at the FDA website, they are not even going to require the package to labeled as such. Now, I don't care what other people eat, but I do care about what I eat. And what my family eats. I think as a people as a whole, we have a right to know where the food we consume comes from. We are an intelligent people, we can make our own choices if we are given the information we need.

It really makes me glad that we grow and raise 90 percent of the food we eat as a family. We know where it came from and what it eats. We know what fertilizers (or none) were used on the vegetables and we know our animals are not laden with antibiotics or hormones. It is good, safe food and I plan to see that my new darling grandson gets his belly full on homegrown and not store bought.

But, I suppose, progress marches on. Yet, for me and mine, I hope to stay rooted in the old ways of doing things as long as possible; which translated means, until my ashes are scattered over my small portion of the mountain top.

No comments:

Followers